At The Gottman Institute, we inspire, support, and challenge each other every day as we find new ways to bring greater love and health to relationships all over the world. We are clinicians, scientists, thinkers, writers, marketers, and designers who are smart, fun, and truly dedicated to making a difference.
Our office is located in the Fourth and Blanchard Building in the heart of downtown Seattle with seventeenth floor views looking out over the Olympic Mountains and the waters of the Puget Sound.
Benefits of Working at The Gottman Institute:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance with vision/dental, and 401K
- ORCA card
- Online learning and workshops to help you gain relationship skills
- Great views of the Puget Sound and downtown Seattle from our offices
- Visit with Amu the Office Dog
- Motorized sit/stand desks
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Stocked fridge, coffee, soda, and lots of treats and healthy snacks
- Free monthly catered lunches
- Regular team activities such as annual baseball games, monthly team building events, and more
Location: Seattle, WA
Founded by John and Julie Gottman in 1996, The Gottman Institute is a recognized global leader in science-based relationship help. We’re growing rapidly, and we’re looking for a Marketing Director to lead our in-house marketing team in Seattle.
You will have the exciting opportunity to impact the business right away by working cross-functionally with program and product managers, directors, and leadership to craft and execute our company marketing strategy.
As a Marketing Director or Senior Marketing Director, you’ve demonstrated previous experience leading and developing a high-performing team. And you have a proven track record of conceiving and implementing successful marketing strategies for a company or brand.
As a human being, you’re creative, organized, passionate about helping people, naturally curious, and possess an above-average level of emotional intelligence and good judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership and Management
- Develop an integrated marketing strategy that aligns with strategic company objectives
- Define metrics and create processes for measuring the impact of marketing initiatives
- Oversee the marketing team and create and implement the strategy for talent development and departmental growth
- Oversee the quarterly/annual goal-setting (OKR) process for the marketing team
- Partner with the Creative team to develop effective processes for working collaboratively to achieve company objectives
- Partner with product and program leaders to develop product marketing and sales enablement strategies
- Collaborate with other leaders to define processes for securely managing and reporting on customer data
- Create and manage marketing budget
- Select, procure, and maintain marketing systems and technologies
- Execute all digital and print marketing campaigns
- Oversee development and maintenance of marketing calendar
- Own the customer funnel for both our professional (B2B) and consumer (B2C) audiences
Recommended skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Strong integrated marketing campaign management experience
- Experience building and managing a marketing budget
- Strong writing skills with attention to detail
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimum direction
- Curiosity with a desire to stay informed of industry trends and learn new skills
- 7+ years of professional marketing leadership experience
- BA/MA in Marketing, Business, or a related field preferred
- Experience managing a lifestyle/wellness brand preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, WordPress CMS, Google Analytics, G Suite applications, and project management tools a plus