|Business Office||Business Hours|
|2101 4th Ave Suite 1750
Seattle, WA 98121
|Monday through Friday
9am – 4pm PST
Our Customer Service representative is here to answer product questions and help if you have issues completing your order online. In addition, feel free to refer to our Frequently Asked Questions below for answers to any inquiries you might have.
We do our very best to respond to calls and emails within one business day, but sometimes it may take longer. If you have not received a response within two business days, please call during our business hours for more immediate assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are unable to accept drop-in visits. Please call in advance if you would like to schedule a meeting with a representative of The Gottman Institute.
In addition, we do not have products available for purchase at our business office. Our products are available to purchase from our online store only.
We appreciate your interest in our products! When placing your order, please allow two business days for processing, in addition to estimated mailing times. We accept the following forms of payment:
- Cards: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Checks: To pay by check, call Customer Service to place your order.
If you are having difficulty placing an order online, please email or call us.
- All shipments to military addresses are automatically tax exempt.
- If your shipping address is outside of Washington state, you will not be charged tax.
- If you are a tax exempt organization shipping within Washington state, please call us to place your order.
Pricing is dependent upon the item and quantity ordered. Items eligible for bulk discount pricing will automatically be reflected in your cart, based on selected quantity.
For additional inquiries on bulk discount pricing, please call or email us.
We currently do not accept purchase orders, but we do accept payment by check. Please call Customer Service to place your order.
Make checks payable to:
ATTN: Accounting Dept
The Gottman Institute
2101 4th Ave Suite 1750
Seattle, WA 98121
After you submit your order, the page will refresh and congratulate you for placing your order. A receipt is also automatically sent to the email address you entered for the order. If you don’t see this email, please also check your spam folder, as sometimes these notifications end up there.
If the page did not refresh and you did not receive an email notification, your order did not go through. To finish placing your order, you will want to:
- Review all the information on the checkout page for accuracy. If there is missing or incorrect information, the field will be marked in red. Edit or complete the missing information and click submit.
- Start over in a different browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) and try placing the order again.
- Clear your cache (browsing history) and try placing the order again.
If you are still unable to place your order, call or email us to troubleshoot further and find a resolution.
The Gottman Institute ships worldwide via FedEx and USPS shipping carriers.
In the United States, we ship to all 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, as well as to all U.S. territories via FedEx and USPS shipping carriers. When shipping to a PO Box, the package will ship only via FedEx.
The shipping cost is determined based on the weight of the shipment and the distance it will travel (from the Seattle area).
While moving through the checkout process, you will be prompted to enter your country and postal code to estimate shipping and taxes. You will be given a full list of shipping options to choose from on the following page.
Note: The Gottman Institute cannot be held responsible for any customs fees or taxes incurred on international packages.
- FedEx: Orders ship within two business days of placing your order.
- USPS: Orders ship 1 – 2 times per week only, with several business days for processing. While this may be the cheaper shipping option, please take this additional processing time into consideration when choosing your shipping service.
On the day your package is scheduled to ship, you will receive an automatic shipping confirmation email with a link to track your package. You may also want to check your spam inbox, as sometimes these automatic messages end up there.
You might receive this notifications hours before the package has actually left the warehouse, which results in an error message when you click the link. You will want to try again at the end of day, after it has left our warehouse, for updated information.
We accept returns for products if they are:
- In new condition with all the original packaging and accessories. DVDs and CDs must be unopened and still in their plastic wrap.
- Within 30 days of delivery, at the customer’s expense (unless items were shipped in error by The Gottman Institute).
We do not accept returns for:
- Digital products (e.g. online learning, PDFs, mp3s/mp4s)
- Workshop materials
You may send authorized returns to:
ATTN: Product Dept
The Gottman Institute
2101 4th Ave Suite 1750
Seattle, WA 98121
Once received, a representative will process the return and assess your refund based upon the quality of the returned item.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact us through phone or email.
Refunds are based on the amount paid for the product at the time of ordering and does not include shipping/handling charges. Unless shipped in error by The Gottman Institute, original domestic and international shipping charges cannot be refunded.
Please note, packages refused or undeliverable as addressed will result in a refund of the order total, minus original shipping and handling charges. The Gottman Institute cannot be responsible for shipping charges on packages returned due to an incorrect/incomplete shipping address entered by the customer.
Usually in about 2 – 3 weeks. Most refunds are fully refunded in 3 – 5 days after we receive and process your return.
Packages returned without a RMA (this includes refused or undeliverable-as-addressed packages) take longer to process at our warehouse and, as such, it will take longer to receive your refund.
You are welcome to return item(s) according to our return policy, however, we are unable to make exchanges. You are welcome to order the item you want instead and return your already purchased item within 30 days of delivery to receive a refund.
We are continually working to provide the most helpful and up-to-date resources for our customers which means that sometimes updates are made! As this is part of regular business practices, unfortunately, we are unable to provide exchanges or accept returns outside of our standard return policy.
We do our very best to give advance notice of any significant updates to a product, and make note of this on the product page directly. Changes to products that impact our Educators are communicated via email. We also encourage you to subscribe to our mailing list to receive important updates from us.
If the product you received is defective or damaged, please call or email Customer Service to request a replacement.
If requested by the customer, The Gottman Institute will honor the sale price of all applicable items as long as they were purchased within 24 hours before the beginning of the sale or 24 hours after the end of the sale.
Yes, all of our DVDs are multi-formatted for international use.
You can access your mp3 or PDF download anytime from your gottman.com account:
- Log-in to your account here. Enter the email address (username) and password you originally used to create your account. If you forgot your password, simply follow the password reset instructions.
- Click on “My Account”, and then “Downloads”. On this page, you will find your purchase ready for download. If it says “pending” or you are having difficulty, please call or email us and we will help resolve the issue.
If your DVD is not playing:
- Make sure you have the proper player for the media. DVDs will only play on a DVD-capable player.
- Try cleaning your DVD or CD machine heads, as this can also affect the quality of the media.
- Try it in another DVD compatible player to see if it is an issue with the DVD or the player.
If there still appears to be a problem with the DVD, please call or email us to troubleshoot further and find a resolution.